10 tips for happy aging
- Avoid all industrial fats and oils such as margarine, spreads, artificial whipped cream, commercial dips and cooking oils. Use butter, cook with animal fats and use olive oil in salad dressings.
- Take it easy on sweets, use only natural sweeteners.
- Drink bone broth and eat lacto-fermented foods daily.
- For healthy catalase production favor foods high in sulfur like eggs, garlic and crucifers. Avoid food additives, artificial flavorings.
- Get plenty of fat soluble vitamins from grass-fed butter, egg yolks, organ meats, fatty fish and cod liver oil.
- Get quality sleep regularly.
- Savor your meals in a relaxed environment with company and eat only enough to satisfy hunger.
- Exercise and maintain a happy grateful mood.
- Maintain an active social life with friends for good mental health.
- Intellectual and cultural activities like reading and writing keep your mind young.
These are 10 of 15 tips from the Weston A Price Foundation summer 2014 wise traditions manual where Jean-Luc is the Ottawa chapter leader. Join the Ottawa Chapter on Facebook.